Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mommy's Big Day


Yesterday was my birthday, so we decided to take advantage of Disney's "What Will You Celebrate?" promotion since it would be free for me. What made it even better was that we had taken Grace for her 2nd birthday, so I was happy we got to take Rachael right after her 2nd also!

Chris and I are Florida natives, so we know better than to go to a theme park when it's going to be crazy busy. We realized yesterday was a holiday, but not everyone closes on President's Day (it was rare for Chris to have the day off), so we didn't think it would be a madhouse. BOY, WERE WE WRONG! I don't think I've ever been to a theme park when it was that crowded!

As crazy as it was, though -- mishaps and all -- we still had a good time!


Rachael went on her first carousel ride, without screaming!!

Grace 's favorite part:

Aurora (a.k.a. Sleeping Beauty)

Cinderella Grace's favorite princess, Belle


We also waited (and waited and waited) to meet Mickey and Minnie, and Rachael was very excited before we got up to them! Once they were at her level, though, she was so shy! Minnie even tried to play peek-a-boo with her a little bit! I think Rachael must've been a bit awestruck!

It was a long day, and I think it'll be three to five years before we try that again, but we did have a lot of fun! Seeing the girls get excited over things like that is a great gift any day!

No comments: