Friday, June 6, 2008

Cheap Fun!

I don't want to put too much pressure on the girls, but tonight I decided to start their training for the 2026 Winter Olympics. That's right, even in Florida you can train for the bobsleigh event!


Chris came home from a game of Ultimate Frisbee to the above scene. The girls and I had somehow all managed to fall asleep late in the afternoon and none of us woke up until 7 p.m. or later (and I don't know if I would've woken up if Katrina hadn't called me -- so, really, THANK YOU!), and I needed to wear them out. We were originally entertaining ourselves by dancing to my New Kids on the Block Greatest Hits CD, but for some reason the player quit on us (maybe refusing to play that music anymore -- that would be Chris' opinion). Grace had been dancing on that blanket... And to be honest, I'm not sure how I thought zipping them around the apartment would be a great idea, but they LOVED it and I'm positive I got in my cardio for the day!

This must be done to every child at least once in their life:

We were able to do it to Grace when she was 6 months old:


And for fun, let's compare the girls at roughly the same age...

Grace, February 2005


Rachael, May 2008

Looking at that just makes me realize how fast they grow up!

And if you didn't already know it, I'm one of those parents who enters their kids in the Parents Magazine cover photo contest. I'm also one of those parents that doesn't mind asking people to go look at the adorable pictures! Here's Grace's gallery, and here's Rachael's! I was tame and only put 3 pictures for each of them -- they allow 6! :-)

No comments: