Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Phillies, Pumpkins & Politicians

Chris is going to be watching TV for a while to revel in the Phillies' win tonight (GO PHILLIES!), so since I'm going to be waiting for him to finish watching these postgame interviews and reports, I figured I'd update!

When I was part of my first moms' group, one of our trips was to a pumpkin patch. I did not understand what the big deal was, but apparently this is the thing to do when you have kids. Of course, we don't carve a pumpkin for Halloween or make pumpkin pie, so we have no use for a pumpkin of any shape or size. This was basically a photo op.

I have two good pictures from the past five years that have been taken at these pumpkin patches. Two. In five years. Oh well!

I do have some fun pictures of a trip the girls and I took to Sea World with one of my friends and her two girls, who are about the same age as our girls. We went on Tuesday, and it was cold!! We had a blast though, and I managed to survive the park without Chris!

When we stopped for lunch, we let the big girls sit next to us at a table by themselves, but they kept saying they were too cold to eat. I pushed their chairs closer together and tried to let some sun hit them, but it wasn't working. So I took my hoodie and put one of their arms in each of the sleeves and they cuddled together, which equaled more fun than food!

Grace & Ann Marie making the cutest little two-headed monster ever!
How could I resist this??
Rachael and Susanna saying CHEEEEEEESE!!!
And they just kept on saying it... Over and over and over again.
They thought they were hilarious!
At the end of the day, Rachael was a wee bit tired...

So I mentioned politics, right? A couple of weeks ago, Sen. John McCain came to our town for a Road to Victory Rally. The guy Chris used to work with managed to get Chris in as a volunteer, and he got to drive in McCain's motorcade! He drove a van and his passengers included two Secret Service agents and the press that was traveling with McCain. He was on a real high after speeding down local streets and blowing through stop signs and red lights!

He scored me a VIP pass, and I had a lot of fun! Especially when Carl Cameron from FOXNews set up directly to my left to do his report! Okay, so I didn't know who he was at first, but c'mon, I have two small children and the Phillies were in the playoffs, I have had very little control over what's on TV recently! But it didn't take long for me to realize that this guy was very popular among the crowd I was with, so:

I had to have my picture taken with Campaign Carl!As exciting as that may be, though, it does not compare to this:

Nope, those are not wax figures or cardboard cutouts, those are the McCains, and that is Chris. Very, very cool!

We're not big on Halloween here, but the girls (and I) will be dressing up for a Costume Night and a Fall Festival, so hopefully we'll have some cute pictures of our fairy, cheerleader, and Sarah Palin. I guess you'll have to check back to see who is who! :-D

No comments: