Wednesday, February 24, 2010

We are here! we are here! we are here!

Shame on me!  I can't believe it's been so long since I last posted here!  I could say that I've been really busy, which is pretty true, but it's also because a lot of my time has been spent writing at my other blog, Much More Than Mommy, and also at Mom With A Pen.  And while I know that I'm not passig along earth-shattering information here, it is definitely a good way for ME to be able to come back and see how the girls have grown, etc.! 

To be honest, though, not much has happened in the past month!  We are all still trucking along our merry ways!  I did have a birthday and had a great time celebrating with my family!  Here's a picture of the girls before we went out:


I know many of you are dealing with weather conditions that are way more severe than what we've had, but I can tell you that all of us are definitely over this weather!   I don't think my thin Florida blood can handle too much more!

I do have a good story, though, courtesy of Grace!  The other night I took the girls to McDonald's for dinner as a treat, and when we walked it all three of us were immediately shivering!  It was one of the warmest days we'd had in a while, and apparently those inside decided to crank up the A/C to celebrate!  We got our food and sat down, and Gracie and I were especially chilly -- we kept sitting closer and closer and hugging to try to warm up!  We started eating, then Grace suddenly stopped and said matter-of-factly,

"I'm going to go tell them it's too cold in here."

I looked at her and smiled because I thought she was just joking, but she was dead serious!  And that's exactly what she did.  She walked up to the counter, said "Excuse me" to the cashier, and then explained that she was very cold and asked if it could be warmer.  WOW!  I don't even know if I would have had the courage to do that at 16-years-old, let alone 6!  Gracie came back to the table and we watched as a manager headed straight to the thermostat.  She was very happy!

That's all for now!  Hope you're managing to stay warm!!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

WOW! I am SUPER impressed with Grace! I don't think I would have the nerve to do that at 32! At 6 I wouldn't even go to the counter and ask for more ketchup! :P And how cool that they responded!

Sonya said...

Yay, another strong woman for society ;-)